Transaction Monitoring Manager – Copenhagen
Are you a driven, analytical and collaborative professional who would like to make an impact in fighting financial crime using data? Do you want to work in a truly international environment and be a player in the global banking and payments sector landscape?
Come and join Banking Circle’s Transaction Monitoring team in Copenhagen!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Transaction Monitoring Manager is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the Transaction Monitoring analysts’ team and acts as daily escalation point and Subject Matter Expert.
Working closely with highly skilled professionals across the AML function, you’ll be at the forefront of the fight against money laundering and terrorism financing, analysing clients’ transactional patterns, identifying unusual or unexpected behaviours, supporting investigations and promoting and defending Banking Circle´s business and reputation.
You’ll play an instrumental part in ensuring that business and industry regulations are followed and upheld.
Reporting into the Head of Transaction Monitoring, you’ll join a dynamic and collaborative team of AML professionals; Transaction Monitoring analysts, KYC Analysts, Onsite Review and AML Change teams, working in an informal environment, with great focus on team contribution. You’ll also work closely with Banking Circle units, such as operations, Relationship management, Legal and IT teams to ensure the business meets it’s Anti-Money Laundering obligations.
- Oversee a team of investigators applying razor-sharp monitoring and extensive research onto reviewing transactions from clients and identifying suspicious activities and alerts
- Act as team escalation point, subject matter expert and most senior investigator for the analyst team, ensuring timely closure of alerts after thorough assessment of flagged transactions
- Assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine appropriate course of action
- Identify, establish and track on a complete view on KPI data required by Transaction Monitoring
- Build partnerships with commercial teams and collaborate with other stakeholders to enhance TM capabilities
- Record and communicate decisions regarding potentially suspicious activity clearly and concisely;
- Propose typologies, collect relevant data and analyse trends to better identify risk and drive efficiency and effectiveness, continuously improving monitoring rules accordingly
- Define and maintain procedures and related documentation, identifying and implementing improvements to working practices
- Act as key contact point in the case of internal or external audit reviews, due diligence reviews, regulatory reviews as appropriate
- Conduct end-user testing of new tools and monitoring scenarios, as well as continuous feedback on monitoring tools’ performance
- At least 5+ experience in AML, at least part of which has been spent focused on cross border payments
- Background as a manager /senior investigator within transaction monitoring and/or the office of the MLRO
- In depth working knowledge of financial crime policies, regulation & policies related to the payments industry
- Proven management experience of transaction monitoring teams
- An awareness of current market issues and industry developments
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good at delegating and coaching team members when needed
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)
- Knowledge about Artificial Intelligence in relation to transaction monitoring is desirable.
- A preferred degree in management, law, economics, criminology or similar areas
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to help you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and collaborative team, in a supportive working environment.
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported.
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
If you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible using the apply button.