Student Developer for Data Engineering
Do you want to challenge yourself by solving real life challenges, adding value to one of the fastest growing fintechs in Copenhagen, and getting an early start to your career in technology?
Banking Circle is a global scale financial institution, we provide financial infrastructure our clients can bank on. We believe in financial inclusivity and deliver banking services our clients need quickly, at low cost, compliantly and securely.
The Data Engineering team is currently responsible for our existing data platform, which is rather tightly coupled to our legacy payment processing system. As the payment processing system is being replaced with state-of-the-art services, more and more data sources will be coming online, which will increase the need for a new decoupled and near real time data platform across all data assets.
Data Engineering is working very closely together with both the reporting team and the advanced analytics team, to provide value for our entire value chain.
Help the Data Engineering team building the next generation of our data platform, which will be running on Azure cloud. Currently the stack includes: Azure functions, Databricks, Delta Lake on Azure Data Lake storage, Azure SQL, Tableau and Terraform for infrastructure as code, but the stack will evolve as needed to reach our goals.
Tasks will range from python coding, optimizing SQL queries, making POCs, creating reports/dashboard and doing technical administration.
You will work with a team of highly skilled Data Engineers, who can teach you a lot about good technology craftsmanship and engineering practices.
For this to make sense, you must be able to spend at least 15 hours per week, in chunks of half or full days.
- You are probably in your 3rd or 4th year of Computer science or Engineering studies
- You have basic python programming skills and computer science 101 understanding
- Knowledge about SQL and databases
- A growth mindset and the courage to try new things
- Good English skills both written and oral.
Desirable you have
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Linux terminal skills or interest to learn.
Our organisation is based on empowerment and trust and it is essential that you are a strong team player, who is driven by challenges, always willing to learn and grow. You are pro-active, responsible, accountable and quality oriented. You should have strong analytical skills and a structured way of working.
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to help you grow personally and professionally
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and very ambitious team with highly educated and dedicated colleges and,
in an informal and pleasant working environment
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work in a newly formed fast-growing company
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
If you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible.
Please use the apply button – don’t send via email.
If you have any question for the position, please contact Head of Data Systems and Core Banking Engineering Mikkel Buch Skadhauge firstname.lastname@example.org or Recruitment Consultant Lise Marie Birk, email@example.com.