Are you interested in actively developing and maintaining a strong risk management framework within the defined and allocated areas of responsibility?
We offer you the chance to be a part of a truly international and vibrant company with more than 450 skilled and dedicated employees worldwide, who are all passionate about creating next-generation mission-critical financial services infrastructure and leading the rise of a super-correspondent banking network.
The position and why we need you
At Banking Circle, we want to make an impact that pioneers the industry and creates instant value for our clients. But we also want to be a best-in-class employer where innovation and career development go hand in hand. To support that and our exciting growth journey, we are looking to hire a highly skilled Senior Risk Manager, who is able to reinforce our Risk team. You will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Be responsible for the UK Risk Framework including to ensure the Framework meets regulatory expectations and is aligned with industry best practice
- Ensure Banking Circle has processes and methodologies in place for the proper identification, measurement, monitoring, management, and reporting of these risks. Be the 2nd line of defence (LOD) driver ensuring that the Framework is rolled out and gets operational. Ensure adequate risk controls and continued development of these controls
- Take responsibility for targeted overall Risk team deliveries including providing knowledge and expertise when it comes to financial risks as well as ICLAAPs and other regulatory-prescribed deliveries
- Oversee and facilitate Risk & Control Self-Assessments and Change Management Processes as appropriate to help 1st LOD properly document their risks. Challenge 1st LOD and proactively conduct independent Risk assurance activities covering the designated area of responsibility. Highlight shortcomings and actively propose improvements
- Be the Subject Matter Expert/point of contact in 2nd LOD in the UK branch
- Provide value-adding risk analysis and input the 2nd LOD reporting of the identified risks both locally and for the wider Group
- Monitor the regulatory developments and requirements and make sure Banking Circle takes the needed initiatives to be compliant
Skills & Qualifications
To be the right candidate for this position, we expect you to have demonstrated capability from an applicable role where you have extensive knowledge of risk measurement systems and concepts as well as to establish relevant Risk and Internal Control Frameworks. Proven track record and experience working within the risk management area.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Banking.
You have 5-10 years of relevant work experience with a holistic and solid understanding of the banking landscape, normally experience from a similar position.
You have strong knowledge of the relevant UK and European regulatory requirements.
As a person, you take ownership/assume responsibility, are proactive, open-minded, and rigorous, as well as a fast learner with a dynamic personality. You can work independently, high level of integrity and show courage by not being afraid to speak your mind.
You have strong analytical and communicational skills with the ability to present complex (technical) matters in a simple/understandable way.
As Banking Circle is an international company it’s a requirement that you are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. If you master other relevant languages, it will be an asset.
The position will be based at Banking Circle’s Office in London.
Join Banking Circle
If this position has caught your interest and you have what we’re looking for, then please send us your resume and application via the apply link. As we will be conducting interviews continuously, we urge interested candidates to reach out as soon as possible. If you have questions about the position or what it’s like to be a part of Banking Circle do not hesitate to contact Svetlana Stetchi at firstname.lastname@example.org (No agencies please).
Banking Circle offers a competitive compensation package and a dynamic and collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws, regulations and ordinances. Please note that we do not accept applications by email.