Senior Onsite Review Officer
We are looking for an experienced, driven and passionate AML Professional to join our fast growing and successful Fintech. This role provides an opportunity to work in a truly international environment and play a key role in delivering a first-class AML function in a fast-paced Fintech.
This role is perfect for a critical thinker with experience of carrying out onsite reviews/audits on regulated businesses, and payment institutions, in order to analyse and assess their AML and financial crime controls.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Onsite officers perform detailed desk-based reviews of Banking Circle’s regulated and high-risk, new to bank, clients. The client’s Financial Crime policies and procedures are reviewed in respect of the proposed solution, before conducting an onsite visit at the client’s premises to ensure the controls are appropriately implemented in practice.
Our prospective and existing clients are based globally, so this role includes travel.
Reporting into the Head of Onboarding, you’ll join a dynamic, knowledgeable and collaborative team of AML professionals, with a strong team focus. You’ll also work closely with other Banking Circle functions including relationship management, product, service and Legal to ensure the business meets it’s Anti-Money Laundering obligations.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Co-ordinate the pre-onsite visit process; liaising directly with the client to obtain the required documentation, complete desk-based reviews and finalise the logistics
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure a fully informed visit to the client
- Lead onsite reviews at the client premises, focusing on the client’s financial crime control framework
- Assessing the client’s framework against local regulatory requirements, Banking Circle’s internal policies and business risk appetite
- Draft and finalise onsite reports to a high standard and in a timely manner following the onsite visit
- Present findings to senior management/onboarding committees
- Support with the collation and maintenance of team MI, procedures and processes
- Support with training and developing the team, and other internal departments, on financial crime topics
- Continuously monitor regulatory developments and support in keeping team activities up to date with best industry practises.
- At least 5+ years’ experience within AML and Financial Crime for FI and/or Non- Bank financial institutions
- Experience within the payments industry or correspondent Banking experience is preferred
- Experience in performing onsite/audit reviews of clients
- Strong communication and engagement skills, with an ability to deal with potentially contentious issues effectively
- Pragmatic with the ability to ‘think on your feet’, balancing commercial objectives with regulatory and ethical considerations to arrive at a sound judgement or decision
- Strong analytical skills and can quickly and accurately interpret AML framework
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proactive and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Degree/Qualification in relevant field (AML certification or similar is considered an advantage)
- Strong team player who brings ideas and solutions when presented with challenges
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and collaborative team, in a supportive working environment.
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported.
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
If you feel you meet these criteria, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please send us your application as soon as possible.