Senior Offsite Review Officer
We are looking for a driven and passionate AML Professional to join our fast growing and successful FinTech. This role provides an opportunity to work in a truly international environment and be a player in delivering a first-class AML function in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
This role is perfect for someone who has extensive due diligence experiences within the Financial industry and is looking for the next exciting opportunity!
You will conduct onsite visits at the premises of Banking Circle’s regulated and high-risk (prospective) clients. You will perform detailed desk-based review of the client’s Financial Crime policies and procedures, understand the expected or existing flow of funds and ensure the team is prepared prior to visiting clients.
The (prospective) clients are based globally, so this role includes travel.
Reporting into the Head of Onboarding, you’ll join a dynamic and collaborative team of AML professionals, working in an informal environment, with great focus on team contribution. You’ll also work closely with Banking Circle units, such as operations, Relationship management, Legal and IT teams to ensure the business meets it’s Anti-Money Laundering obligations.
- Co-ordinate the pre-onsite visit process; liaising directly with the client to finalise the logistics, obtain the required documentation and complete desk-based reviews
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure a fully informed visit to the client.
- Lead onsite reviews at the client premises, focusing on the client’s financial crime control framework. Assessing this against local regulatory requirements, Banking Circle’s internal policies and business risk appetite. This will include travel
- Draft and finalise onsite reports to a high standard and in a timely manner following the onsite visit
- Present findings to senior management/onboarding committee and provide feedback to clients, where applicable
- Ensure client management system is kept up to date with the developments and outcome of the Onsite Reviews
- Support with the collation and maintenance of team MI, procedures and processes.
- Support with training and developing the team and other internal departments on financial crime topics
- Continuously monitor regulatory developments and support in keeping team activities up to date with best industry practises
- At least 5+ experience performing Due Diligence on Non- Bank financial institutions and Banking institutions (Payment industry or corresponding Banking experience is desirable)
- Experience in performing desk-based reviews of client (Onsite review experience is desirable)
- Strong communication and engagement skills, with an ability to deal with potentially contentious issues effectively
- Pragmatic with the ability to ‘think on your feet’, balancing commercial objectives with regulatory and ethical considerations to arrive at a sound judgement or decision
- Strong analytical skills and can quickly and accurately interpret complex Onboarding structures
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proactive and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Degree/Qualification in a relevant field (AML certification or similar is considered an advantage)
- An ambitious, growth-embracing culture, that is committed to helping you grow personally and professionally
- A company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector
- A competitive benefits package that makes sure that you are taken care of - from pension, dental & healthcare insurance.
- A community of passionate, collaborative and professional colleagues.
If you feel you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible.