Senior Insights Specialist to define the future of payments
At Banking Circle, we want to be the leading infrastructure provider for tomorrow’s payment solutions globally – and we have the ownership structure and the determination to succeed.
We have been in the midst of growth and changing the way that we process payments, but we’ve only scratched the surface of our product offering. In today’s highly data driven world, it is clear that the only way to develop is with gathering holistic insight. We wish to take Banking Circle to new heights by gathering further customer & market insight.
Enter the opportunity here – we are seeking our first ever Senior Insights Specialist.
This role will help us set the vision and inform our roadmap to deliver simple and innovative payment experiences to support our customers, ranging from fintechs, financial institutions and banks.
You’ll lead quantitative research projects to generate meaningful insights to define and detail where our most promising market opportunities are, how to win via market sizing, competitive analysis, capability mapping, customer profiling, segmentation and lifecycle predictability.
You’ll also co-drive a market and customer-centric mindset across function to strengthen the customer experience across touchpoints.
This role would be a part of our Products & Solutions organisation, and report to the Head of Insights. This role is located in Copenhagen.
- Customer insights – Help teams in Products & Solutions understand the needs and journeys of customers in existing / new customer or market segments that the business is entering
- Market opportunity assessment – Determine the size, composition and top needs and requirements of untapped marketing, sales and product opportunities
- Product positioning intelligence – Review of landscape, pricing and legislative requirements, customer’s product behaviors and transactions to drive commercial effectiveness
- Master’s degree in either Business, Economics, Social Sciences or a similar field
- 5+ years of experience working with quantitative market research projects
- Experience within the B2B sector
- Fluency in both oral & written English (it’s our company language)
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working within the financial tech or banking industry
- Additional language capabilities
You have expert research methods. You’re skilled within primary, secondary and/or syndicated research. Your primary toolbox includes quantitative approaches like programming and fielding small to large scale surveys, good understanding of qualitative approaches and how to translate complex data sources into clear, compelling and actionable narratives.
You’re analytical at heart. You love analysis and the insights development process, regardless of whether it requires qualitative synthesis or quantitative number crunching – driven to go beyond summarizing data to deliver insights that distill the ‘so what’.
You’re a true business partner. You collaborate and dig in with colleagues cross-functionally across products, sales, marketing, strategy, legal, marketing, operations and client services to understand the business challenges faced and where insights could support with impact.
You take ownership. You ensure unbiased testing of ideas, concepts and design, but stay abreast of future trends in payments and new adjacent service areas, to support fit for future strategy and product pipeline. You own end-to-end research with confidence to guide appropriate methodology for the business question at hand, selecting and managing third-party vendors when appropriate, always meeting deadlines and helping stakeholders take actions on insights delivered.
You’re a great communicator. You take pride in communicating insights clearly and compellingly, and strive to ensure that your stakeholders understand the implications of your work and gently push for accountability. You inspire with new ways of developing and embedding insights, building on already exising insights, business strategy, priorities or market and customer trends.
- An ambitious culture that is committed to help you grow personally and professionally.
- An open community of collaborative and professional colleagues in a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion.
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and fast-changing sector.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your application as soon as possible, and no later than September 20, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Annika Jeppesen, Head of Insights, firstname.lastname@example.org or at +4522395776.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent via email.