Senior Data Scientist
Do you want to push the frontier of how data can be used to fight financial crime within the payments industry? We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist in our Advanced Analytics team, to help strengthen Banking Circle’s financial crime compliance using data-driven methods.
You will play a crucial part in building a modern machine-learning-based system that can detect suspicious financial behaviour in near real-time. The Advanced Analytics team collaboratively works on an ensemble of machine learning models to detect fraudulent payment patterns. The models are built on tabular and a network-based data representation. The next frontier will be to take a step deeper and build models that extract more information and patterns from graphs based on internal and external data.
The day-to-day work is done in close collaboration with people across the business, including AML (anti-money laundering) monitoring analysts and Compliance. A very important part of the role is to understand financial crime drivers and model them to allow automated detection of suspicious patterns.
At the same time, it is important to build a scalable solution as payment volumes are constantly growing – currently 100k+ payments/day.
This system is crucial to our vision of a global infrastructure for fast, low cost and secure international payments and a core part of the business.
Together with the team, you will identify new use cases, actively seek ways to use ML to improve the business and drive the design and implementation of solutions. On the back of the AML system it will be possible to identify new client behaviour and needs instantly, enabling new business and cross-selling opportunities.
You will be part of a small strongly bonded international Advanced Analytics team (PhDs/MScs), which covers the full development cycle, together with IT/Engineering Operations.
This role will be based out of our office in Copenhagen.
- A strong engineering or maths background (e.g. PhD or MSc).
- Full stack interests/capabilities and a DevOps approach to working.
- Strong Python skills and experience.
- Extensive ML experience with some of: Pandas, Sklearn, Keras, PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- DevOps experience with some of: Git, Docker, Azure, Kubernetes, SQL, Flask or Django
- And an extra plus would be: Neo4J/Cypher, JS, Airflow, Luigi or C++
- You are driven by purpose and data driven analytics
- You want to understand and build solutions to mitigate financial crime and advance the use of data driven methods within payments.
- You want to work in an autonomous team where you are part of driving the analytics adoption across the organization.
- You are inquisitive and curious.
- Enjoy solving hard and interesting problems and want to apply this to high stakes real world problems
- You like to take responsibility, are self-driven and push how we collectively work.
- You care about your team members and their success.
- A collaborative and inclusive team with full autonomy.
- An ambitious, growth-embracing culture, that is committed to help you grow personally and professionally.
- A company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported.
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
- A competitive benefits package.
- A community of passionate, collaborative and professional colleagues.
If you feel you meet these criteria, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please send us your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the role please do not hesitate to contact Head of Advanced Analytics, Christian Møller Karsten +45 53 60 62 83.