Sanctions Screening Analyst
We are looking for a driven, analytical and collaborative professional with a passion to create an impact in fighting financial crime.
- Do you want to be part of something new; building a new function within AML?
- Do you have razor sharp attention to detail, strong communication skills and a proven track record in Financial compliance?
- Do you want to work in a truly international environment and be a player in building a first-class AML function in a fast-paced and dynamic fintech?
If this sound like you, then come and join our team!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Joining the Business AML function, you’ll perform first line activity; performing Level 1 & 2 Payment Sanctions Screening alert investigations. You will be responsible for conducting payment Sanctions Screening within the Business AML function to include investigating and releasing false positive sanctions alerts, requesting further payment information internally and externally and/or escalating potential true matches to the Compliance team for investigation or guidance.
The incumbent will also be interacting with key stakeholders such as Compliance, Sales, Product and other Operations teams within the bank.
Reporting into the Head of Sanctions, you’ll join a dynamic, knowledgeable and collaborative team of AML professionals, with a strong team focus. You’ll also work closely with other Banking Circle AML functions to ensure the business meets it’s Anti-Money Laundering obligations.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Adhere to appropriate Policies, Procedures and Working Instructions applicable to the Sanctions Screening Team;
- Manage and process screening alerts at Level 1 (Junior) and Level 2 (senior) role, releasing false positive alerts and escalating potential matches to the Head of the Payments Sanctions Screening or beyond where appropriate;
- Ensure caseload is prioritised to ensure payments are reviewed prior to applicable currency cut-off;
- Identify opportunities for false hit suppression via whitelisting;
- Develop a strong understanding of the business operating model for Sanctions Screening;
- Continuously monitor regulatory development and keep internal activities up to date with best industry practises;
- Assist the Head of Sanctions in providing ongoing training to stakeholders where necessary;
- Maintain procedures and working instructions to ensure that they are reflective of all appropriate key controls;
- Highlight any system or process issues to the Head of Sanctions, as well as areas for improvement;
- Assist in the compilation of required performance and risk metrics.
- Proven experience within Payment Screening workflows and alert management (Experience within Payment/Fintech space is desirable);
- Knowledge of global AML and sanctions rules and regulations (Experience with multiple software packages e.g. Safewatch, SWIFT, Fircosoft is desirable);
- Ability to review and understand payment flows;
- Sound analytical, organizational and communication skills;
- Analytical with high attention to detail; • Proactive and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Sound IT skills, including competency with Microsoft Excel;
- True team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others;
- Ability to work independently with personal accountability;
- Fluent in English (both written and oral);
- An interest in and knowledge of Sanctions legislation in US, UK, EU and other relevant jurisdictions;
- AML / Sanctions certification or similar is considered a plus
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and collaborative team, in a supportive working environment.
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported.
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
If you feel you meet these criteria, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please send us your application as soon as possible.