Product Developer (Virtual Banking)
Banking Circle’s ambition is to become the leading infrastructure provider for tomorrow’s payment solutions globally.
We are in the midst of a high growth period, and but we’ve only scratched the surface of our product offering.
We want to have a cutting edge offering when it comes to payments, accounts and FX. We would like to further develop & enhance our product by adding and enhancing our Virtual Global Banking offering.
Enter the opportunity here – we are seeking a Product Developer to build, develop, mature, and nurture our Virtual Banking offering.
At baseline, it will require a candidate with a strong foundation of communication & collaboration skills. On top of that, it will require a candidate who is able to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment, who has the clear strategic direction for maturing our product & building innovative value propositions, paired with the tactical customer centric here & now solutions.
We will not lie – this role is a challenging one, with the potential to have a huge impact on Banking Circle’s growth journey. But the perfect candidate will be drawn to this role for that exact reason.
If you’re up for the challenge, read on.
In this role, you will own everything regarding developing Virtual Banking. This starts from helping establish and setting the value proposition. You will then take this value proposition & lead it to its development, through deeper understandings of user’s needs and the larger product’s team’s strategic priorities.
After that, you will take full ownership of the Virtual Banking backlog – from creating, owning & running. You will also help our clients get adjusted to the virtual feeling of being global, and help them to understand how they can use our product to grow their business.
You will be located in our Business Solutions & Products team in Copenhagen, but work with stakeholders across the organization, from Products, Engineering, and Sales.
- Building a cross functional roadmap for the Virtual Banking related products
- Co-create on the strategic direction with Products
- Test hypothesis and tactical solutions with Sales
- Work on Product articulation with Marketing
- Create effort case for next development with SME’s in Payment and Engineering.
- Write user stories for specific development tasks.
- Building benefit cases for improvements.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills – you are able to articulate the most complex products in the simplest ways
- Proven track record in developing products, gained from experience as a PO, PM, BA or similar role
- Fluency in agile practices – when you hear MVP, you are certainly not thinking ‘most valuable player.’
- Requirements gathering, scoping and driving development workExperience with scaling MVP’s to mature products
- Working in a continuous delivery environment with short time to market
- Building products in B2B world (admin, finance and banking a plus)
- A commercial & customer-centric mindset
- Collaborative champion
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PO or PM with a strong history of both successes (and failures) in product development
- Proven track record in writing business user stories, structuring backlogs – prioritization & decision making
- Understanding of complex B2B value propositions – building infrastructure
- Experience working side by side with engineering teams
Bonus if you have these:
- Any experience in banking – payments, accounts, FX, and virtual banking.
- Experience scaling a product
- Building a B2B product in the admin, finance or banking industry
- An ambitious, growth-embracing culture, that is committed to help you grow personally and professionally.
- A company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported.
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
- A competitive benefits package
- A community of passionate, collaborative and professional colleagues
If you feel you meet these criteria, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please send us your application as soon as possible.
Deadline is November 1, 2020. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.