The global payment market is changing at enormous speed, enabled by new regulations, technology and huge competition. At Banking Circle, we want to be the leading infrastructure provider for tomorrow’s payment solutions – globally. We have the ownership structure and the determination to succeed. We are now looking for an experienced and technically strong product owner for our payment infrastructure.
We offer you the chance to be a part of a truly international and vibrant company with more than 400 skilled and dedicated employees worldwide, who are all passionate about creating next-generation mission-critical financial services infrastructure and leading the rise of a super-correspondent banking network.
The position and why we need you
At Banking Circle we want to make an impact that pioneers the industry and creates instant value for our clients. But we also want to be a best-in-class employer where innovation and career development is going hand in hand.
Our core strategic ambition is to provide the best payment rails in the industry. To achieve this aim, we have set a bold goal to clear directly with central banks around the globe. The complexity of this task is enormous, not least technically. To support the goal, we are building a new, cloud hosted, high speed payment processing engine.
In the Local Clearing team, we are responsible for delivering on this ambition. We are a team of central bank experts and payment specialists and we are now looking for a colleague to drive collaboration with our engineering department.
As product owner for payment processing infrastructure, you will be working in the space between business and engineering. We are a small organisation, which makes it possible for you to be co-located with both the local clearing team, and the cross functional agile delivery team, where you will be a key member.
- Set a high bar for our payment processing infrastructure together with our engineering teams
- Taking responsibility and ownership for change initiatives; driving projects forward with focus on strategic goals
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Ensuring timely execution of technical features in order to accommodate external deadlines.
You will be working closely with product and project management, providing the business analysis and payment processing knowledge to translate our product strategy into a development pipeline. As the product owner, you will be writing the scopes and requirements and maintaining the backlog. You will also be interacting with tech vendors and reference data providers, as we integrate with clearing systems in a series of geographies across the globe.
Skills & Qualifications
Our entire business strategy relies on the success of our payment infrastructure project, so we are looking for an experienced product owner, with a minimum of five years of professional experience in a similar role. Payment experience will be a very strong advantage and as a minimum, you should have experience working with banking infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with hands-on experience in most of the following areas:
- Project management with many stakeholders, internal and external
- Business analysis and solutions specification
- Agile ways of working and adoption of new technologies
- Experience working with high uptime cloud based systems/platform
- Keen eye for finding intelligent and automated solutions
- Experience Payment processing: Formats, data capturing, validation, routing, etc. is an advantage
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
Whilst our products are at heart simple, our global ambition and the legacy of global payment systems add complexity. In your application, please tell us about your experience synthesizing a large and complex ambition into a series of deliverables and milestones.
As Banking Circle is an international company it’s a requirement that you are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. If you master other relevant languages, it will be an asset.
The position will be based at our office in Copenhagen.
Join Banking Circle
If this position has caught your interest and you have what we’re looking for, please send us your resume and application via the apply link. As we will be conducting interviews continuously we urge interested candidates to reach out as soon as possible. If you have questions about the position or what it’s like to be a part of Banking Circle do not hesitate to contact Simon Scott Hansen from our People Team at +45 31493650.
Banking Circle offers a competitive compensation package and a dynamic and collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws, regulations and ordinances. Please note that we do not accept applications by email.