Product Owner for payment infrastructure
Banking Circle is a global scale financial institution, we provide financial infrastructure our clients can bank on.
We believe in financial inclusivity and provide direct access to clearing that bypasses old, bureaucratic and expensive systems.
We are now looking for an experienced and technically strong product owner for our payment infrastructure.
WHAT WE DO
Banking Circle delivers payment infrastructure to disruptive payment service providers and incumbent banks alike. Our customers bank with us for their infrastructure needs, because we offer a uniquely strong combination of payment rails and virtual account infrastructure.
Our core strategic ambition is to provide the best payment rails in the industry. To achieve this aim, we have set a bold goal to clear directly with central banks around the globe. The complexity of this task is enormous, not least technically. To support the goal, we are building a new, cloud hosted, high speed payment processing engine.
In the Local Clearing team, we are responsible for delivering on this ambition. We are a team of central bank experts and payment specialists and we are now looking for a colleague to drive collaboration with our engineering department.
As product owner for payment processing infrastructure, you will be working in the space between business and engineering. We are a small organisation, which makes it possible for you to be co-located with both the local clearing team, and the cross functional agile delivery team, where you will be a key member. It will be your responsibility to manage the payment processing development portfolio and with engineering, to set a high bar for our payment processing infrastructure.
You will be working closely with product and project management, providing the business analysis and payment processing knowledge to translate our product strategy into a development pipeline. As the product owner, you will be writing the scopes and requirements and maintaining the backlog. You will also be interacting with tech vendors (for example PAYUK and Nets) and reference data providers, as we integrate with clearing systems in a series of geographies across the globe.
Our entire business strategy relies on the success of our payment infrastructure project, so we are looking for an experienced product owner, with a minimum of five years of professional experience from a similar role. Payment experience will be a very strong advantage and as a minimum, you should have experience working with banking infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Project management with many stakeholders, internal and external
- Business analysis and solutions specification
- Agile ways of working and adoption of new technologies
- Payment processing: Formats, data capturing, validation, routing, etc.
- Taking responsibility for change initiatives; driving projects forward with focus on strategic goals
- Finding intelligent and automated solutions.
Whilst our products are at heart simple, our global ambition and the legacy of global payment systems add complexity.
In your application, please tell us about your experience synthesizing a large and complex ambition into a series of deliverables and milestones.
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to help you grow personally and professionally
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and very ambitious team and, at the same time, in an informal and pleasant working environment
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work in a newly formed fast-growing company
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
If you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible.
Please send your application via the apply button – do not send via email!
If you have any questions for the position please contact Head of Local Clearing, Michael Boel, +45 3164 0518, or Recruitment Consultant Lise Marie Birk, email@example.com.