Banking Circle is a fast-paced, rapidly growing, international company that offers a financial infrastructure for payments, businesses and banks.
Payments businesses and banks of any scale can seize opportunities in the new economy with our technology. We deliver the global banking services you need – wherever you are – quickly, at low cost, compliantly and securely.
We are seeking a new Product Owner to take ownership of our core banking system. You will build a new core system out of our Copenhagen office, sitting within the Business Solutions team, but ultimately collaborating and working with many teams across the business. Stakeholder management and a strong fluency in translating business requirements into IT developments (and vice versa), will be integral to the success of the role.
This role comes with a high degree of autonomy – you will have the chance to define the role, your ways of working, and ultimately, have a large impact on the organization itself. The perfect candidate will not be intimidated by this, but rather feel excited by the opportunity to create and build something impactful and new.
- You will own the core banking system product – meaning that you will own anything related to changes to the system, whether that is smaller improvements or more strategic deliveries
- You will also be responsible for communicating these changes across the org. Constant collaboration and communication across many facets of the business – including, but not limited to: engineering, treasury, risk, and data teams.
- You will also participate in discussing the tactical & strategic direction for our system landscape
- Translating business requirements into feasible IT developments, and IT possibilities into business opportunities
- Comfort and confidence to tackle a lot of technical complexity head on
- Crisp and clear communication skills – able to take the most complicated of concepts & simplify it
- Detail-oriented – can identify clear risks & problems and accurately depict our progress
- A team player through and through
- A positive mindset, and are always up for the challenge
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PO or PM
- Proven track record in writing technical user stories, structuring backlogs – prioritization & decision making, specifying stories & epics
- Understanding of complex IT architecture
- Experience working side by side with engineering teams
Bonus if you have these
- Financial experience – such as experience working with accounts, interest rates, reconciliation, and credit
- Banking experience – particularly in working with core back-end systems and core banking systems
- Professional computer science & engineering experience
- An ambitious, growth-embracing culture, that is committed to help you grow personally and professionally.
- A company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported.
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
- A competitive benefits package
- A community of passionate, collaborative and professional colleagues
If you feel you meet these criteria, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please send us your application as soon as possible.