Are you a dedicated and hardcore IT platform engineer and problem solver, who wants to work with business-critical systems, manage infrastructure and wants to play a significant role in ensuring the smooth running of the daily IT operations in a multinational fast-growing FinTech company? Then you might be the Platform DevOps Engineer that we are looking for.
We offer you the chance to be a part of a truly international and vibrant company with more than 400 skilled and dedicated employees worldwide, who are all passionate about creating next-generation mission-critical financial services infrastructure and leading the rise of a super-correspondent banking network.
The position and why we need you
At Banking Circle we want to make an impact that pioneers the industry and creates instant value for our clients. But we also want to be a best-in-class employer where innovation and career development go hand in hand.
You will be part of a highly-skilled multi-disciplined close-knit team providing high-quality and timely services to the business and project alike. Split between Luxembourg and Copenhagen the team delivers harmonised services through close communication and cooperation and is a key part of our on-call production support rotation and out-of-hours production releases and system maintenance.
You will be reporting to the Platform Team lead and be a part of our growing Platform function, which supports IT Operations.
We are looking for a Platform DevOps Expert who is passionate about providing a modern and digital environment to both our internal and external customers, and to do so these will be some of your key responsibilities:
- Implement, test, run and deploy Linux environments to Microsoft Azure
- Automate the creation, and secure configuration of our cloud platform resources in Microsoft Azure thus keeping them sustainable
- Set up and configure modern monitoring and logging solutions to measure and optimize system performance and to dynamically manage system capacity
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed banking applications
- Troubleshooting and debugging infrastructure, network and operating system issues are a natural part of your job
Skills & Qualifications
To be the right candidate for this position, we expect you to have a demonstrated capability from an applicable role preferably within a bank, a financial service provider or a regulated entity where you have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in an IT Operations/IT Infrastructure team.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in supporting Linux/UNIX production environments and shell scripting (e.g. ksh or bash). Furthermore, it would be beneficial to have concrete experience with incident handling and have a proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- We expect you to have at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or an equivalent education in a relevant, highly technical discipline.
- You are familiar with information security best practices and guidelines (i.e.: OS-, middleware and application hardening, mandatory password changes, IAM etc.)
- You have experience with multi-tier enterprise application architectures and proven experience in running and maintaining relational database management systems (preferably: Oracle RDBMS and/or MS SQL server) and application servers (preferably: Oracle Weblogic).
- Hands-on experience in setting up and managing architectures and environments in Microsoft Azure (virtual machines, microservices, disks, NetApp storage, backups and snapshots etc.) and Azure DevOps Services (CI/CD pipelines and git repositories) is considered an advantage.
As a person, you are open-minded and have a “can-do” attitude. You should take responsibility and take personal ownership of your tasks while also being a knowledge-sharing team player producing and maintaining related documentation and reports. You have good communication skills in communicating security principles, issues and incidents to peers and management.
As Banking Circle is an international company it’s a requirement that you are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. If you master other relevant languages it will be an asset. The position will be based at Banking Circle’s Headquarters in Luxembourg or in our office in Copenhagen.
Join Banking Circle
If this position has caught your interest and you have what we’re looking for, then please send us your resume and application via the apply link.
As we will be conducting interviews continuously we urge interested candidates to reach out as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the position or what it’s like to be a part of Banking Circle do not hesitate to contact Kheira Nougal from our People Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws, regulations and ordinances. Please note that we do not accept applications by email.