Would you like to use your talent and expertise where it really matters by setting the tone and framework for Banking Circle’s client lifecycle due diligence approach? And are you interested in joining a growing business, at the cutting edge of the global banking and payments sector?
If so, we offer you the chance to be a part of a truly international and vibrant company with more than 450 skilled and dedicated employees worldwide, who are all passionate about creating next-generation mission-critical financial services infrastructure and leading the rise of a super-correspondent banking network. The position and why we need you At Banking Circle we want to make an impact that pioneers the industry and creates instant value for our clients. We also want to be a best-in-class employer where innovation and career development go hand in hand.
The position and why we need you
The Head of Client Due Diligence is essential in setting the tone and framework for Banking Circle’s client lifecycle due diligence approach. The individual is responsible for the full due diligence lifecycle of prospect and existing Banking Circle clients; namely KYC Onboarding, KYC Refresh and Enhanced Due Diligence, namely our AML Onsite Review function.
Reporting to the Global Head of AML, the individual will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class onboarding and ongoing due diligence framework, incorporating a balance of digitization and expertise to manage ongoing AML risks across the business. The individual will have direct performance management responsibilities for each of the respective team leads for the above-mentioned functions with the target of ensuring a motivated and empowered team as well as an efficient, client-focused and regulatory-adhering client onboarding and ongoing due diligence function.
The role will require the individual to apply their financial crime expertise within Correspondent Banking, and Payment Services, to make informed and educated decisions regarding the structure and growth of the team, protecting the business from potential financial crime risks. A key success factor for this role is the ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring a high standard of conduct and culture at all times.
Working for an ambitious fast paced Financial Institution with extensive regulatory and legal obligations, the role holder is accountable for ensuring ongoing workstreams for new solutions, verticals or risks which have a KYC impact, are managed effectively. It is therefore essential to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key senior stakeholders across the business including Sales, Product, Legal, Governance, AML change, Compliance and Risk.
- Own and enhance the structure of the onboarding and ongoing due diligence teams ensuring a clear understanding, and mitigation, of AML risks facing the business
- Delivery of due diligence training framework across Banking Circle
- Provide expert AML customer onboarding-related advice when working with a broad group of stakeholders within the business (product teams, controls, operations) to ensure critical partners are aware of all potential financial crime risk exposure and considerations
- Act as an AML customer onboarding subject matter expert and share best practices across the firm
- Ensure the functions of KYC and tax regulatory responsibilities are understood with processes and controls established to ensure compliance
- Work with the business to manage client On-boarding pipeline and complete periodic rolling client account reviews, new onboards and overnight screening
- Ensure the effective running of the Client Onboarding team to ensure all day-to-day activities are completed, identifying operational issues, taking steps to mitigate risk by enhancing operating processes and systems.
Skills & Qualifications
To be the right candidate for this position, we expect you to have degree-level education, within related fields and at least 6 years experience in leading teams.
- Experience in building, and implementing, strategy for financial crime-related topics
- Ability to think strategically and evidence of bringing technology innovation to the BAU operations including process management tools
- Ability to engage in/manage both BAU and change initiative, deep understanding of procedure of system development life cycle
- Previous exposure to regulatory and external Audits
- Experience in leading Senior committee meetings
- Excellent knowledge of ML/TF risks related to Payments and Correspondent Banking
As a person, you have strong critical thinking and analysis capabilities. You possess performance management skills that empower the team regardless of seniority.
You are result driven, with an ability to build strong working relationships with key senior stakeholders and excellent people management skills. You possess excellent communication and time management skills, to deliver clear messaging across all levels within the organization.
You have the ability to work together collaboratively with cross-functional, globally distributed teams.
As Banking Circle is an international company it’s a requirement that you are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. If you master other relevant languages, it will be an asset.
The position is based at Banking Circle’s office in London.
Join Banking Circle
If this position has caught your interest and you have what we’re looking for, then please send us your resume and application via the apply link. As we will be conducting interviews continuously, we urge interested candidates to reach out as soon as possible. If you have questions about the position or what it’s like to be a part of Banking Circle do not hesitate to contact Svetlana Stetchi from our People Team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Banking Circle offers a competitive compensation package and a dynamic and collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws, regulations and ordinances. Please note that we do not accept applications by email.