Data Engineer for Cloud Data Platform
Do you want to build up a data platform for reporting and analytics in a multinational fast-growing fintech company?
Banking Circle is a global scale financial institution, we provide financial infrastructure our clients can bank on. We believe in financial inclusivity and deliver banking services our clients need quickly, at low cost, compliantly and securely.
The Data Engineering team is currently responsible for our existing data platform, which is rather tightly coupled to our legacy payment processing system. As the payment processing system is being replaced with state-of-the-art services, more and more data sources will be coming online, which will increase the need for a new decoupled and near real-time data platform across all data assets.
Data Engineering is working very closely together with both the reporting team and the advanced analytics team, to provide value for our entire value chain. Currently, Tableau is the tool used by reporting to make reports and dashboards for the end-users.
Together with a few good colleagues, you will be building the next generation of our data platform, which will be running on Azure cloud. Currently, the stack includes: Azure functions, Databricks, Delta Lake on Azure Data Lake storage, Azure SQL, Tableau and Terraform for infrastructure as code, but the stack will evolve as needed to reach our goals.
You will implement the new platform in close collaboration with colleagues, DevOps and stakeholders, and you will help ensure that we get modern engineering practices implemented.
Building a data platform on cloud is not something that a lot of people have done, especially for financial institutions. This will involve a lot of learning and interesting problems to solve. While doing this it is also our ambition to have some fun along the way.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience building data platforms for reporting and analytics
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar topic
- A growth mindset and the courage to try new things
- Good collaboration skills
- Good English skills both written and oral
Desirable you have:
- Experience with data platforms on cloud
- Experience with managing Tableau instances
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Python skills
Our organisation is based on empowerment and trust and it is essential that you are a strong team player, who is driven by challenges, always willing to learn and grow. You are pro-active, responsible, accountable and quality-oriented. You should have strong analytical skills and a structured way of working.
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to help you grow personally and professionally
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and very ambitious team with highly educated and dedicated colleges and, in an informal and pleasant working environment
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work in a newly formed fast-growing company
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector
If you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible.
Please use the apply button – don’t send via email.
If you have any question for the position, please contact Head of Data Systems and Core banking Engineering Mikkel Buch Skadhauge email@example.com or Recruitment Consultant Lise Marie Birk, firstname.lastname@example.org.