Banking Circle is a global scale financial institution, we provide financial infrastructure our clients can bank on. We believe in financial inclusivity and deliver banking services our clients need quickly, at low cost, compliantly and securely.
Are you a detail-oriented, data-driven, curious, problem solver? Do you want to build up a data platform for reporting and analytics in a multinational fast growing fintech company? We are seeking a data engineer to help build the next generation of our data platform, on the Azure cloud system.
In this role, you will work within our Data Engineering team, who owns our existing data platform which is rather tightly coupled to our legacy payment processing system. As the payment processing system is being replaced with state-of-the-art services, more and more data sources will be coming online, which will increase the need for a new decoupled and near real time data platform across all data assets. This platform is what we have started building to support Banking Circle going to the next level. This is where you would come in.
You will be responsible for implementing this new platform in close collaboration with the DevOps, Advanced Analytics and Reporting team to provide value for entire value chain. You will work on ensuring that modern engineering practices are implemented. Your tech stack will include Azure functions, Databricks, Delta Lake on Azure Data Lake storage, Azure SQL, Tableau and Terraform for infrastructure as code – but the stack will evolve as needed to reach our goals.
Building a data platform on cloud is not something that a lot of people have done, especially for financial institutions. This will involve a lot of learning and interesting problems to solve – the perfect match for this role will be able to tackle this complexity head on, while also having fun on the way.
- Strong analytical skills
- An endless amount of curiosity
- Preferring an autonomous way of working – you are highly proactive
- Structured and detail-oriented
- Driven by challenges
- At least 2 years hands on experience building data platforms for reporting and analytics
- Python skills
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar topic
- A growth mindset and the courage to try new things
- Good collaboration skills
- Strong and fluent English skills – both verbally & written (it’s our company language).
Bonus if you have
- Experience with data platforms on cloud
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau or PowerBI)
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- An ambitious, growth-embracing culture, that is committed to help you grow personally and professionally
- A company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector
- A competitive benefits package that makes sure you are taken care of – from pension to dental & healthcare insurance
- A community of passionate, collaborative and professional colleagues
If you meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you – please send in your application as soon as possible. Please note that we do not accept applications via email.
Deadline: November 1, 2020