Compliance Officer – Munich
The Compliance Officer supports Banking Circle´s Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) in ensuring compliance risks in Banking Circle and specifically in Banking Circle S.A. Germany BCSAG are adequately identified and mitigated, and in discharging the CCO´s responsibilities as defined in Banking Circle’s Compliance Charter.
You will join an experienced compliance function which operates in all locations where Banking Circle has a presence and report directly to the Authorised Management and the Board of Directors. Outside of the headquarter in Luxembourg, local compliance officers are located in each of Banking Circle’s branches.
- Be the day-to-day contact point with the German regulatory authorities for compliance and regulatory matters. Centralise correspondence, ensure regulatory returns are filed as appropriate
- Be the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for BCSAG. A prerequisite for the role holder will be to be assessed as fit for the role by the German financial regulator
- File Suspicious Activities Reports and Suspicious Transactions Reports, in co-ordination with Banking Circle´s CCO
- Identification of the main laws, rules and standards to which BCSAG is subject in the exercise of its activities; keep a record of those and inform the CCO as appropriate
- Take compliance responsibility for BCSAG, ensuring scheduled reviews are carried out directly, or with the support of the CCO or other members of the Compliance function. Support in the implementation of the overall Banking circle SA monitoring plan
- Be responsible for compliance-related training for BCSAG: follow-up on o/s e-learning training or provide classroom training on compliance matters as required
- Provide compliance support and advice to Germany-based staff
- Support the CCO in defining and reviewing policies, guidelines, procedures and work instructions that are owned by the Compliance function
- Produce reports, metrics and KPIs for the CCO and on compliance matters under his/her own responsibility
- Manage any allocated staff
- Preferably, you hold a university degree in Economics, Business Administration or Law
- Native or fully bilingual in German
- The corporate language of the company is English; therefore, you must be proficient in communicating in English, both written and spoken. Skills in German or French is a plus
- Preferably, you have 5-10 years previous working experience (in the financial/banking sector) in a compliance role
- You are approachable, self-driven, collaborative and have a can-do attitude
- You are structured and able to analyse and dissect complex problems
- You are a good problem-solver, have good communication skills and a keen interest in technology and internet economy
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to help you grow personally and professionally
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and very experienced team and, at the same time, in an informal and pleasant working environment
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work in a newly formed fast-growing company
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector
If you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible.
Please send your application via the apply button
If you have any questions for the position please contact the CCO, Stefano Pierantozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.