Are you enthusiastic about the latest technology, and do you enjoy optimisation and collaboration with a broad range of international stakeholders in a challenging environment?
If so, we now offer you the chance to be a part of a truly international and vibrant company with more than 400 skilled and resolute employees worldwide, who are all passionate about creating next-generation mission-critical financial services infrastructure and leading the rise of a super-correspondent banking network.
The position and why we need you
At Banking Circle, we want to make an impact that pioneers the industry and creates instant value for our clients. But we also want to be a best-in-class employer where innovation and career development is going hand in hand.
To support that and our exciting growth journey, we are looking to hire an ambitious Business Continuity Manager, who is able to improve our Business Continuity and Business Resilience management stances.
You will be reporting to the Head of Risk and be a part of our growing Risk team.
You will take part in the development and implementation, and own a holistic and company-wide Operational Resilience framework incl. to ensure operational resilience risks are identified and reported.
You develop, create, and implement the operational resilience roadmap and work with wider business stakeholders to develop the necessary plans to address these risks (across Business Continuity, IT continuity, Cyber Security, Supply Chain and Change Management perspectives).
Part of your responsibilities is maintaining, improving, and executing Business Continuity framework, including development and reporting against metrics and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with the business to identify the strategic/important business processes incl. to conduct Business.
- Impact Assessments (BIA) and risk assessments, identify critical services, define recovery objectives, and map critical dependencies.
- Providing ongoing advice/support and subject-matter expertise; developing and delivering training and building awareness of Operational Resilience capabilities and requirements.
- Facilitating business continuity exercises and tests, to identify potential gaps in plans, as well as the functionality of work transference processes supporting recovery.
- Liaise with our Procurement specialists to ensure coordination and compliance of third-party suppliers for BC provisions.
You have a thorough understanding of Business Continuity and Operational Resilience with solid knowledge of industry principles, technology solutions, and practices related to business continuity, IT continuity, recovery, crisis management, and incident response.
- Good knowledge of the regulatory frameworks/regulations relating to Operational Resilience and Business Continuity,
- Ability to collaborate and work with others.
- Excellent strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think through hypothetical situations and concepts and to identify risks and weaknesses in various business processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience
To be the right candidate for this position, we expect you to have completed an IT-related degree and have 5+ years of relevant.
Ideally, you have worked in a similar role within finance, insurance, or another highly regulated sector where you have worked within risk, audit, compliance, or governance. Although this is not a highly technical role, a good understanding of technical controls and risk concepts is required. You hold, or are working towards, a Business Continuity Management certification (CBCI, ISO22301 Lead Implementer).
- You have a ‘questioning’ mindset, naturally propose new ways of working and strive for constant improvement of current processes.
- You are flexible and can take on unstructured assignments, able to differentiate what is important, develop appropriate action plans and demonstrate ownership.
- Furthermore, you can successfully manage multiple tasks under pressure and take both initiative and accountability for improving your performance.
- You display sound judgement, think ahead, anticipate questions, and prioritise work tasks appropriately. You have effective communication skills, also able to present complex concepts in a simple and understandable way.
- As a person, you are an adaptive learner, innovative and analytical, and you have good project management skills in terms of change and stakeholder management.
- You are able to work independently and show courage by not being afraid to speak your mind.
- You are a strong communicator, and you are able to work in a team with a constructive and solutions-oriented attitude.
Also, you have a high degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability are also highly valued qualifications for this role.
As Banking Circle is an international company it’s a requirement, that you are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. If you master other relevant languages, it will be an asset.
The position will be based at Banking Circle’s Office in Copenhagen.
Join Banking Circle
If this position has caught your interest and you have what we’re looking for, then please send us your resume and application via the apply link. As we will be conducting interviews continuously, we urge interested candidates to reach out as soon as possible. If you have questions about the position or what it’s like to be a part of Banking Circle do not hesitate to contact Kheira Nougal from our People Team on email@example.com. Banking Circle offers a competitive compensation package and a dynamic and collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Please note that we do not accept applications by email.