Azure DevOps Engineer
Are you a people-oriented DevOps engineer with experience in IT Operations? Are you open-minded and willing to both teach and learn?
Then you have the chance to join a successful fintech company at the cutting edge of the financial industry, working with very smart people in an environment where we all learn from each other. You will create great value for our developers by helping them get the right solutions in place, and therefore you will become a treasured member of the team.
In Banking Circle, we are currently migrating all our applications to Azure, as well as building new applications from the ground up.
We are therefore looking for an Azure DevOps Engineer to help a subset of our development teams evolve their usage of Azure for data engineering and machine learning applications. You will work with IT Operations to define the solution space for each topic in the current backlog. With this in hand, you will assist our development teams in establishing the right solutions. A key point is to improve the process on the go, bringing learnings from one area to another along the way.
You will be supporting several development teams, including our Advanced Analytics team as well as our CRM, Core Banking and Data Engineering teams and you will work closely with IT Operations.
The job is located in our office in central Copenhagen. Our development teams are in Copenhagen, while IT Operations is split between Copenhagen and Luxembourg, so occasional travel is to be expected.
Together with IT Operations, you will agree on the relevant solution space, and you will then sit with each development team to help them adopt the relevant solutions for each topic in the backlog, e.g.:
- Building and deployment of pipelines (CI/CD)
- Logging and monitoring
- Security and secrets
- Infrastructure as code
- Database management (deployment tool/source control)
- Operationalisation of machine learning models
- Clustering/active-active patterns
You are a quick learner with a growth mindset, and your flair for people makes you an efficient and empathetic collaborator. You are an analytical thinker who thrives when working with others to achieve tangible results.
The ideal candidate has worked both in IT Operations and as a developer, as this role requires you to collaborate closely with both sides. You are dedicated to creating and following repeatable processes, meaning that you prefer coding over clicking around in the Azure portal.
It is a requirement that you have:
- At least 2 years’ experience as a DevOps on Azure
- A bachelor or master’s level technical degree
- A code-first approach
- A consistent urge to achieve ambitious goals
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- Experience from working in an IT Operations department
- Experience with event-based systems
- Knowledge of Docker and Python ecosystem
- Knowledge of Neo4J
- An ambitious, growth-embracing culture, that is committed to help you grow personally and professionally
- A company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work and make an impact in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector
- A competitive benefits package that makes sure you are taken care of - from pension to dental & healthcare insurance.
- A community of passionate, collaborative and professional colleagues.
Do you meet the criteria described above and feel that Banking Circle would be an amazing workplace for you? Then please send us your application as soon as possible.